RE: 4-0, In Spite of Brady

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      I didn't see a smiley face or an LOL, you are kidding right? This was a
      solid win against a decent team in a hostile stadium.

      Don

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        ***** C'mon, Don. Did that one really NEED a smiley face? :-)

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          I don't think that game was THAT bad?? Probably every quarterback that's ever played the game has had some bad series like that one. The Pats are going to be tha team that everyone looks to beat this year and sometimes they play harder when that certain team comes to town...they were quoted as saying the Pats (or Brady) didn't intimidate them at all and I guess they were trying to rattle him.
          Remember, it doesn't matter how you start a game, only how you finish. Talk to the Mets today and see how that is for them...great start, way out in front and now in front of the TV to watch the playoffs.
          I do agree they can work to improve, but man if they improve that much more...WOW!!! Some articles are predicting the Pats and Cowboys in the Super Bowl and they have to play each other for game number 6 I think.

          Susan

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            ***** Sorry, Susan. I guess I should have made it clearer that I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek with that post. Brady was, of course, brilliant. That was, indeed, a bad series; but in the context of the rest of the game, it was hardly worth a mention. I was sort of doing a "Bill Belichick" interpretation of the game. You know by now that nothing is ever good enough for BB, right?

            ***** And, of course, Brady is totally indoctrinated into the BB mode of  "game  review". Did you see the interview he did with Michelle Tafoya after the game? Just like BB, he made a point to talk about going back home to "work on things we need to do better". These guys leave the superlatives to the media, and we fans. :-)

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
              OK, gotcha on that one...lol!!!!!!!!! From now on, I'll try to determine "tongue position" on some of your posts..lol! I walked right into that one with indignation, huh? No, I do know how BB is with his praise and criticism, etc. I didn't see that interview after the game because I had to go out (grrr...), but I know that they are always humble and always looking for improvement with the team and the players. It IS rare to see a smile cracked or a good job compliment with him, huh?

              Do you think that they have Super Bowl chances..of course they have chances, but how great is that chance? What do you see as the main opponent to beat this season? Indy, Dallas? Darn it all...when the Rams left L.A. I sort of took the Cowboys on as my NFC team because of Aikman and the UCLA connection. Now I don't know what to do when they play each other, sigh.

              Susan