Re: EA

  • D Malachi Penney
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
      I've read a couple of pieces regarding this and I guess the guys
      filing the lawsuit pretty much make a profession out of filing stupid
      crap like this and have an established record of losing them. And
      they can ask for as much as they want but it'll be up to a judge to
      determine damages which, if for some reason they do win without any
      evidence whatsoever [now conveniently destroyed by the NFL commish's
      office], is likely to be far less than the $184 million stated.

      Doug

      > ***** I actually have a serious question about this ludicrous
      action. Aren't
      > there fees required to file a law suit?
      >
      > ***** I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. However, I have
      watched
      > a lot of lawyers on TV; and I have a friend in Randy's Yahoo Group
      who's a
      > lawyer; so I'd say that makes me at least as qualified to express
      an opinion
      > on this suit as were the idiots who filed it. The article says
      that: "The
      > lawsuit maintained that because other teams found illegal
      videotaping by the
      > defendants, Jets ticket holders should be compensated for all games
      played
      > in Giants Stadium between the Jets and Patriots since Belichick
      became head
      > coach in 2000." Since the act of videotaping from an illegal
      position in the
      > stadium was proven for only one game, it is my legal opinion that
      the entire
      > suit is invalid. Trow da bums out!
      >
      > ***** But, should they win, I have a few ready to file myself. I
      want to
      > file class action suits against every owner, coach, and player in
      every
      > professional sport in the country who has ever been fined for
      breaking a
      > league rule, because they all "violated the
      contractual "expectations and