1st half - good news, bad news...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
      The good news is, Tom Brady has all the time in the world to throw.
      The bad news is, why does he need it? He's back there for 5 or 6
      seconds, and ends up dumping it to Morris or Welker underneath way too
      often. Seems like no one is getting open. Opie seems to be finding
      open receivers on a regular basis. Fortunately, he hasn't had nearly
      the time to throw as TB. Good pressure.

      Also, can someone explain the "illegal touching" penalty on Andrews (I
      think) on that punt in the 1st qtr? Looked like he simply batted the
      ball back, as he's supposed to, and a Jet player picked it up and was
      tackled. What did I miss?

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
        ***** Announcers didn't explain it, Frank; but I'd have to say it must have been a case of Andrews going out of bounds, and coming back in. Player cannot be the first to touch the ball when he does that.

        George
        Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
          That must have been the case, but as you said, they didn't bother
          explaining it. Andrews appeared to be coming across the field from the
          left, far from the sideline. He must have stepped out early.

          Much better 2nd half. I guess Moss answered a few questions. I love
          how Brady was hitting him right in stride, every time. And what a pair
          of hands on that guy. If this keeps up, he'll certainly stay happy.

          I think the secondary has to tighten up a bit. Seemed like there were
          a lot of open receivers. They were tough against the run, though.

          SD will be a real test.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
            ***** Frank, the BB defense has always followed the "bend don't break" philosophy. It is VERY tough on fans like me. But it obviously works. His defense "gives" the opponent the short to medium stuff, all the way down the field into the Red Zone. It drives me CRAZY to see our opponents complete one short pass after another. But then I look up at the scoreboard at the game, nearly always see less than 20 points for that opponent, and ask myself, "What the hell  were you screaming about?"

            href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com [mailto:patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com] On
            > Behalf Of Frank
            > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:34
            AM
            > To:
            href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com

            > The good news is, Tom Brady has all the time in the world to
            throw.
            > The bad news is, why does he need it? He's back there for 5 or
            6
            > seconds, and ends up dumping it to Morris or Welker underneath way
            too
            > often. Seems like no one is getting open. Opie seems to be
            finding
            > open receivers on a regular basis. Fortunately, he hasn't had
            nearly
            > the time to throw as TB. Good pressure.
            >
            > Also,
            can someone explain the "illegal touching" penalty on Andrews (I
            > think)
            on that punt in the 1st qtr? Looked like he simply batted the
            > ball back,
            as he's supposed to, and a Jet player picked it up and was
            > tackled. What
            did I miss?