Pats at Jets - My Expectations

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007
      ***** Here are a few things I expect to see from midnight to 3 AM Monday
      morning. (That's game time here in Thailand.)

      1. I expect to see Randall Gay start at CB. I'm guessing that BB will feel
      that he earned that right in camp. I believe that Samuel will play a great
      deal; perhaps even more than Gay, at that spot. But Gay gets the "honor" of
      being the starting CB for the season opener.

      2. I expect to see an outstanding performance from Jarvis Green at Big Sey's
      RDE spot. He's never disappointed me since we drafted him. He's not in the
      same class with Big Sey, but I believe he could start for at least half of
      the teams in the NFL. Our DL will drop off from "great" without #93; but it
      will still be damn good with Green in there.

      3. I expect to see Randy Moss make a couple of big plays, but during limited
      duty. I don't think he's at 100% yet, so I think he'll be on the field for
      less than 50% of the offensive snaps. Stallworth, Gaffney, and Welker will
      be the most frequent WR lineup, with Welker pulling in the most receptions -
      I'll go with 8 for 97 yards and 1 TD. (Brady will throw for just over 300,
      with 2 TDs.)

      4. I expect to see lots of work for Maroney, and lots of screens, draws, and
      quick-hit passes to TE's to combat the almost constant pressure that the
      Jets will try to bring on Brady. Could be some big plays breaking for the
      Pats in such situations. Maroney racks up 126 yards rushing, with 1 TD.

      5. I expect to see the Jets rolling up a lot of yardage, as we continue the
      "bend but don't break" style of D that drives me nuts. We'll play off of
      Burress and Cotchery, and allow them lots of underneath stuff, bringing our
      hearts to our mouths as they get loose in the open field. Yeah, could be a
      big play or two resulting from their good open-field running in those
      situations - especially from Cotchery.

      6. I expect to see Adalius Thomas making plays all over the field, and
      limiting the success of underneath passes to TE Baker and RB Thomas.

      7. I expect to see Thomas Jones wishing he were somewhere else. I don't
      think he's going to have much success against our front 7. The
      aforementioned Adalius Thomas will have a great deal to do with Mr. Jones'
      discomfort.

      8. I expect to see, at games' end, the scoreboard reading: Patriots 27 -
      Jets 17.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!