RE: It begins today...but...

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
      I don't see how Adalius Thomas would have been a significant factor to help
      us beat the Colts last year. He would not have been a factor in the 3rd and
      long situation where Assante Samuel received a pass interference call that
      later after the game the officials admitted was a mistake and he wouldn't
      have been a factor in the pass interference call against Ellis Hobbs, also a
      3rd and long situation, that the NFL itself admitted was a mistake. I'm
      glad we picked up Thomas and I think he will have an impact I just don't
      think he would have changed the final outcome last year in any way. Last
      year is over and I'm looking forward to this year, we are not the champs and
      we haven't won a game this year. I'm looking forward to the next 16 one
      week seasons. :)

      Don

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
        Let's see, how might he have helped us... I'm not sure if you noticed the Colts repeatedly passing over Alexander or running up the gutt on our fatigued crew.  Sure the Pats received some tough calls but they also let the Colts manhandle them in a way that might have made those two plays far more obsolete when they allowed an 18 point lead to slip out of their grasp.

        I also remember McGinest getting to Manning a few times and think Thomas might do that once or twice if we are lucky...but for now...I'll settle for Pennington :)

        I'll take the help of Thomas this year!

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
          You're argument is valid but they would have had to completely shutdown the
          Colts with Thomas responsible for the big play making for that to happen.
          We have only shutdown the Colts once with McGinnest and it was at home in
          the cold and snowing. All the other wins were very close wins.

          With Rodney and Seymour out I think we are going to get a chance to see what
          Adalius can really do. I really do hope he is a big play maker because for
          the next few weeks we really are going to need the help, more so in my
          opinion for our "soft" secondary.

          Don

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
            ***** Speaking of which, I wonder what his percentage is for fumbling on
            those rare occasions when a defender breaks away from an un-called hold by
            the Colts OL, and sacks him? It seems to me that he fumbles a fairly high
            percentage of the time when he gets hit. But maybe that's just because I
            enjoy seeing it so much that it sticks with me! ;-)

            ***** Did you see the un-called grabbing of the helmet, and finger in the
            eye, against Brees a while ago in this game? Think that would have gone
            un-called against Pouting Peyton?

            George
            Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!