Isaac Bruce on Troy Brown...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
      Mike Reiss had this link to Isaac Bruce's blog, where he speaks about
      Troy with great respect. The comments on the blog entry are also worth
      reading.

      http://yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Perseverance/25792

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
        All very impressive though I think Troy is going to be much less integral this year based on his starting out injured and based on the personell adjustments.  I hope there's a role for him when he's healthy because I'll never forget we don't beat San Diego last year if Troy doesn't have the tremendous heart and effort he displayed in caushing that fumble after the interception.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
          With the release of Caldwell, there are five receivers on the active
          roster. That leaves room for either Brown or Jackson after six
          weeks, but probably not both. It will be interesting to see how that
          plays out. Of course if there is an injury in the receiving corp,
          this "problem" may solve itself.

          If there is any player that would stimulate any sentimentality in
          BB, I think it would be Troy. This is probably his final year. If BB
          can only activate one receiver from PUP, would he select speed and
          youth, or Mr. Reliable? Would it be difficult for him to allow Troy
          to finish out his final year on IR? I suppose he could bring them
          both back by cutting one of the others who might be underachieving.

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
            Teams often carry either 5 or six wide receivers based on the rest of the roster breakdown.  One additional fact to challenge Troy will be that Richard Seymour was unexpectedly (sort of) put on IR so he'll be coming off as well and we know he's getting a spot.  At present the D-line is very thin and so his cut probably won't come from there.

            The team has plenty of speed at WR so I think Chad "No Action" Jackson is likely to get designated on to full IR at that point but we'll see.

            We are also thing at OLB (3) but with the notion Thomas can probably play either spot that may be no small deal.  It's just hard to keep all the players you might want.