Serious Cut Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007
      ***** After his performance throughout this pre-season, Childress would be a
      VERY tough cut. I have never included him in the group of 6 WRs that I think
      they will keep on the 53-man opening roster. But, after yet another very
      good performance today, I just don't see how we can cut this gutsy little
      guy. He so much reminds me of Troy in his early years.

      ***** So, if he makes it to the opening day roster, what's the WR six pack?
      I'd have to go with: Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Gaffney, Caldwell, Childress.
      Trade Washington for something, if possible.

      ***** Don't ask me what we do when the decision has to be made on the PUP
      guys, Brown and Jackson. Obviously, injuries could answer the questions, but
      we all hope it doesn't come to that. If not injuries, it will come down to
      the performance of the six pack, with the last 3 obviously the guys at risk.
      That, plus what the coaches see from Brown and Jackson in practice, will
      determine the action to be taken.

      ***** In any case, I consider it a nice "problem" to have.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
        I was thinking Washington would beat out Caldwell, but Washington
        would certainly have more trade value. The fact that neither
        Caldwell nor Washington played last night could mean that they are
        both safe, and they were showcasing Childress. I agree. I'd hate to
        see him go. The guy shows a lot of potential. A tough cut, indeed.

        I wonder if Lua will have to go on IR? Didn't look good, and they
        were working on his knee on the sidelines.