Re: Article from unionleader.com

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
      I didn't really notice how Gay was in coverage, but he did make a
      couple textbook open-field tackles. It would be great to see all
      those guys wrap up like that.

      Rogers and Lua seemed to be around the ball a lot. They looked
      pretty comfortable, for their first NFL game.

      Can't say the same for Merriweather. He looked very tentative to me;
      like he didn't want to get hurt. Seemed consistently late getting to
      the play. But again, it's his first game.

      Washington made a couple nice catches. Maybe he's one of those guys
      that just doesn't practice well. We'll see. Childress had a couple
      nice ones,too. Gamera (sp?) Williams may be considered "camp fodder"
      but he looked pretty impressive in the kick return game. Great
      speed, and seemed to show good vision finding the openings.

      I thought we showed good pressure in the passing game, but got
      gashed pretty well by the run. That's gotta get fixed.

      Just a couple observations.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

      > A good read, I particularly enjoyed his seeming insight on some
      players such as:

      > Randall Gay having won a work out award from the team and bulked
      up for the season. Any one have a comment on how Gay looked in the
      starting slot this game?

      > He also commented on Pierre Woods which I've heard from various
      sources as having risen up his value significantly this off season.