Ho Hum

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2007
      ***** Well, I was certainly happy to have the Patriots on-field season
      finally underway. Yes, it was a bit of a bore, in terms of the on field
      action. That was especially true for those of us who had only the NFL.com
      radio feed, as I do. But we all know that these pre-season games are of much
      more value to the coaches than they can ever be to us.

      ***** We, the fans, learned absolutely nothing about what our team will be
      able to do in the regular season. The team played without several of our top
      players on both O and D, even in the intial stages of the game. So, it was
      of no use to us, as fans, in judging what lies ahead.

      ***** From what I heard from Gil and Gino on the NFL radio feed, a couple of
      the newcomers looked pretty good. But the fact is that this game was of
      great value only to the coaches, and the players who are fighting for a spot
      on the roster. We, the average fans, learned nothing from it.

      ***** Still, as I said, it was nice to finally have Patriots football back
      in my ears. I did enjoy the fact that my prediction of several weeks ago for
      them playing Thomas inside, and working Meriweather at CB came true. I still
      see those as very possible spots for these guys in our starting lineup.

      ***** Now lets move on to our opening pre-season game in Foxboro. Hope that
      those of you who can attend enjoy it.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!