Article from unionleader.com

  • sean
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
      You have been sent this link to a page on www.unionleader.com from sean.
      Ian M. Clark's On Football: Tonight is first look at Patriots
      http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=51dd36f4-e946-41b1-bb0b-3c112d172917
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
        A good read, I particularly enjoyed his seeming insight on some players such as:

        Randall Gay having won a work out award from the team and bulked up for the season.  Any one have a comment on how Gay looked in the starting slot this game?

        He also commented on Pierre Woods which I've heard from various sources as having risen up his value significantly this off season.

        Thanks for the post and...

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
          I didn't really notice how Gay was in coverage, but he did make a
          couple textbook open-field tackles. It would be great to see all
          those guys wrap up like that.

          Rogers and Lua seemed to be around the ball a lot. They looked
          pretty comfortable, for their first NFL game.

          Can't say the same for Merriweather. He looked very tentative to me;
          like he didn't want to get hurt. Seemed consistently late getting to
          the play. But again, it's his first game.

          Washington made a couple nice catches. Maybe he's one of those guys
          that just doesn't practice well. We'll see. Childress had a couple
          nice ones,too. Gamera (sp?) Williams may be considered "camp fodder"
          but he looked pretty impressive in the kick return game. Great
          speed, and seemed to show good vision finding the openings.

          I thought we showed good pressure in the passing game, but got
          gashed pretty well by the run. That's gotta get fixed.

          Just a couple observations.

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>