Re: [patriotzip] ESPN.com: Report: Brown returning to Pats for 15th season

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2007
      No doubt I'm glad to officially have Troy back in the fold.  He's going to have to work very hard this year and he will have a vastly reduced role I suspect but the message to the team and the example for all other receivers will be tremendous.

      I see six receivers making the team and Jackson on Pup.  The early reports I've heard on Washington show him as likely slipping blow Gaffney and Caldwell but with a little more time to maybe learn the system he might show up at training camp ready to make the dropsies of mini-camp go away.

    • Rich Carreiro
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2007
        Remember, though, this doesn't guarantee he makes the team.
        It only means he has a chance to compete for a spot.

        That said, given what Belichick has allegedly said about there
        being a place for him, I imagine Troy will make the cut if he's
        willing to play defense again. In fact, I think if he does make
        the team, he'll play more snaps on defense than he will as a receiver.

        --
        Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...