A Vote for Mills

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2007
      ***** This was in the Reiss blog today:
      Garrett Mills, a 2006 fourth-round draft choice of the Patriots, is the
      subject of a feature story in today's editions of the Tulsa World
      <http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=070626_2_B1_YWorl88
      632> .
      Mills, who played in college at Tulsa, spent 2006 on injured reserve. In the
      Patriots' minicamp earlier this month, he lined up at tight end and
      fullback.
      "I felt like I had a pretty good mini-camp," Mills told the newspaper. "I'm
      always looking for things to improve on and go out each day and show the
      coaches what I can do."
      Here is a snapshot look at the Patriots' personnel at tight end:
      Kyle Brady
      Matt Kranchick
      Garrett Mills
      Jake Nordin
      David Thomas
      Benjamin Watson
      ANALYSIS: Brady, Watson and Thomas top the depth chart, with Thomas
      recovering from a broken foot suffered in the offseason program. Mills's
      versatility to line up in the backfield as a pass-catcher could entice the
      Patriots to keep four tight ends. Last year, the team carried three.
      Kranchick and Nordin are longer shots.

      ***** I like the idea of keeping Mills. Hell, list him as a FB. As Reiss
      noted, his versatility is a big plus for this team. With him backing up
      Evans, and Morris as an "emergency" FB, we'd be very solid at that position,
      as well as at TE and "H" back.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!