Wow the Cards are Cheap!!!!!!!

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2007
      It's not Pat's related but it is NFL related and funny as hell:

      From SI.com's story on Michael Griffin:

      "
      One thing is certain: After eight seasons with the Vikings, three
      with the rebooted Browns and two with the Cardinals, Griffith has a
      pretty good handle on what he doesn't find helpful from an
      organization. For instance, when a team Fed Exes you a contract,
      which you then sign and return, it's a bad sign if your subsequent
      signing-bonus check isn't a round number.

      "That's what happened when I signed my deal in '05," Griffith
      says. "The Fed Ex cost $14.11 or something, and when I got my check,
      they'd deducted it -- the check was for like $499,985.89, or
      whatever. That's how they do s--- in Arizona. That's how they run
      their business!"
      "

      Now THAT is cheap! I've worked in HR for 10+ years (and fed-ex'd my
      fair share of offer letters) and I have never heard of anything like
      that.