RE: [patriotzip] Re: one last comment

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007

      And I would agree with you, it was an attempt at humor.   They only chose Patriots as a name because Fighting Irish was already taken and the Italians don’t have any cool nicknames. J

      Don

      i think "dangerously close to spam" is a bit extreme..... after all, our team IS "the patriots" named so by boston fans in 1960 cause of the historical relevence of boston the american reveloution (and i would argue, with the first all black regiment in the civil war 80 years later). it's not like we were issuing porn or links to non related sites

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
        ***** Italians don't have any cool nicknames? C'mon, Don. ...Centurions? ...Gladiators? ...Canoles?

        George
        Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!