Re: [patriotzip] Re: one last comment

  • rockmaul74@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
      i think "dangerously close to spam" is a bit extreme.....after all, our team IS "the patriots" named so by boston fans in 1960 cause of the historical relevence of boston the american reveloution (and i would argue, with the first all black regiment in the civil war 80 years later). it's not like we were issuing porn or links to non related sites

      See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007

        And I would agree with you, it was an attempt at humor.   They only chose Patriots as a name because Fighting Irish was already taken and the Italians don’t have any cool nicknames. J

        Don

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
          ***** Italians don't have any cool nicknames? C'mon, Don. ...Centurions? ...Gladiators? ...Canoles?

          George