NPC: Vermont to Secede From Union

  • David Brunat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
      Now we know why Bill has been so quiet lately.  Saw a news story that said there is a movement withing vermont to secede from the union.  Said it had support of 13% of Vermonters, Vermonteers, Vermontonians, or whatever they call themselves.  This had Bill Beaulac written all over it.  The sad part is I'm not sure the rest of the country would even notice it if it happened.

      The BrewGnat

      Got a little couch potato?
    • rockmaul74@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
        i'd notice.
        i'm still pissed they didnt hang jefferson davis and alexander stephens (president and vice president of the confedercy) for treason a 140 years ago....

        **************************************
        See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
      • rockmaul74@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
          more on this......secession was made unconstitutional by the 14th amendment in the late 1860's (after the civil war ended) if vermont actually did vote to leave the union, the president of the united states could send troops to vermont (legally) to force it's readmission

          **************************************
          See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
        • ps2dad
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, rockmaul74@... wrote:

            > more on this......secession was made unconstitutional by the 14th
            amendment
            > in the late 1860's (after the civil war ended) if vermont actually
            did vote to
            > leave the union, the president of the united states could send troops
            > vermont (legally) to force it's readmission
            >

            > **************************************
            > See what's free at http://www.aol.com

            As far as I know, only Texas can legally secede from the union. It was
            part of their conditions of accepting statehood. Also, any state that
            secedes from the USA gives up all of the benefits of statehood: federal
            assistance, military protection, etc.
          • Don Diamant
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007

              I think this is getting dangerously close to spam.  Don’t make me use my magic buttons on you now.  Seriously though, if you guys really want to debate Vermont and what impact it may have to this nation if less than .002% of the total populous decides to quit, could you guys take it off list maybe?

              Don

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
                texas cannot secede from the union after the 14th amendment was passed....it could only secede before it (which it did in early 1861)
                no state is exempt from the constitution

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
                  fine

                  See what's free at http://www.aol.com.