Re: [patriotzip] Best wishes to an old friend...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      Joe was a warrior for us playing with considerable
      pain and injury. He initially was not such a talented
      player for us but perhaps with some understandable
      reasons. He developed into the gritty leader and
      provided a calming and wiser/mature perspective to the
      young OL initially. I think they still miss his
      influence a bit though Neal and Mankins are probably
      more talented (certainly more athletic) players.

      Joe was a great guy on and off the field and I'm sure
      he has the mental toughness and support to work
      through the physical challenges ahead.

      I'm sure that a group of CJ Buckley fans will long
      remember the extreme kindness Joe lent to a young lad
      dying of brain cancer - Joe made his mark and I'll
      root for him with much comfort, confidence and hope
      for his well being.