Interesting Notes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      ***** This is all from Reiss' Blog

      1) Adalius Thomas on the move. The Patriots' big free-agent signing has been
      advertised as a versatile player who can line up at various positions. This
      was evident in one of the team's final sets of drills in 11 on 11 work, as
      Thomas moved from inside linebacker, to playing with his hand on the ground
      as a down lineman/rusher, to backpedaling in pass coverage. Thomas spent
      much of the practice lining up at inside linebacker.
      ***** No surprise here. I have personally hoped that Thomas will play ILB
      more often than OLB in our standard 3-4. I think he's better there than
      Vrabel; and Vrabel is much more effective at OLB. I think our best 3-4 set
      is Colvin/Thomas/Bruschi/Vrabel. But, of course, it's all dependent upon the
      strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. I suspect that Mr Belichick knows
      that. ;-)

      4) Interceptions. Second-year defensive back Willie Andrews and 11-year
      veteran defensive back Chad Scott both intercepted Matt Cassel in 11 on 11
      drills near the end of practice. Andrews, playing safety, showed solid
      instincts to gather in the interception after the ball was tipped on a throw
      behind Kelley Washington.

      ***** Just wondering if I'm the only one who's kind of forgotten about
      Willie Andrews. Considering his KOR abilities, this kid may have a good shot
      at making the final 53 roster.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!