Re: Might not have to cut Marquise Hill

    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2007
      Whoa - thanks for the post Rich. To briefly explain,
      Marquis Hill has gone missing after a Jet ski incident
      in which the woman he was with was recoverred holding
      onto a pylon. Strong currents had separated them and
      he's just missing at this point.

      He has been a gross under-achiever. Rumors are he
      had an aggression issue in College which tapped well
      into the football world but when medicated to control
      anger and aggression issues he lost the spark that was
      essential in making his play strong.

      I sure hope they are able to find him with, as Rich
      suggests, a Happy finish to the tale.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2007
        They found him, well, his body!  Too bad and so sad.
        LISA

        See what's free at AOL.com.
      • D Malachi Penney
        Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2007
          The article I read mentioned that neither Hill or the woman were
          wearing lifepreservers. Its sad that this happened but quite likely it
          could have been prevented.

          Doug

          > They found him, well, his body! Too bad and so sad.
          > LISA

          http://www.aol.com

        • jmsweb55
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2007
            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, llj7366@... wrote:

            > They found him, well, his body! Too bad and so sad.
            > LISA

            The team Press Release

            FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots are terribly saddened to
            learn that Marquise Hill's death has been confirmed by the Orleans
            Parish Coroner's Office. The New Orleans native was reported missing
            Sunday night after suffering an accident while jet skiing on Lake
            Pontchartrain in Louisiana. The U.S. Coast Guard led the search and
            rescue efforts, teaming up with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries
            Department.

            "We are absolutely heartbroken to learn of Marquise's death," said
            Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft. "Our immediate thoughts go to
            Marquise's mother, Sherry, and the rest of his family. He was only 24
            years old and his death is hard to comprehend. Marquise was a very
            respectful young man who worked hard to improve and was always eager
            to contribute to the team, both on the field and in the community. On
            behalf of the entire Patriots organization, we extend our most
            heartfelt sympathies to Marquise's family and friends who mourn his
            loss."

            "We have suffered a stunning and tragic loss today," said Patriots
            Head Coach Bill Belichick. "Marquise will be remembered as a
            thoughtful and caring young man who established himself as one of the
            year-round daily fixtures of our team. I send my deepest condolences
            to the Hill family."

            Hill, 24, was born in New Orleans, La. on Aug. 7, 1982. He attended
            De La Salle High School, where he earned national acclaim as one of
            the top high school football prospects in the country. He was
            recruited to Louisiana State University, where he helped the Tigers
            win a national championship in 2003. The 6-foot-6-inch, 300-pound
            defensive end was drafted by the Patriots in the second round of the
            2004 NFL Draft and was a member of the Patriots' Super Bowl XXXIX
            championship team his rookie year. He appeared in 13 games in three
            seasons with the Patriots.
          • llj7366@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2007
              I am just so sad for his family and for him.  He was only twenty-four and had his entire life ahead of him.  Whether he was a good player or not, just does not seem so important at this point.
              LISA

              See what's free at AOL.com.
            • jmsweb55
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2007
                Agreed.

                Was pretty classless of Thomase to write that the day after the kid
                dies.

                He was the only writer to even mention Hill's status on the depth
                chart while the family came to grips with the kid's death. For
                crying out loud, they haven't even had his service yet. You'd think
                the Herald would at least hav edited that comment out until next week.

                Sometimes it's no wonder why people dislike the Boston Media.

                RIP Marquise!