Two More Signed

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2007
      From Reiss:

      The Patriots have signed two players who were in for tryouts during the
      team's rookie minicamp: Georgia Tech wide receiver Chris Dunlap and Air
      Force defensive back Denny Poland.
      Dunlap <http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145783> is
      5-feet-11 inches, 200 pounds. Poland <http://www.kffl.com/player/14369/NFL>
      is 6-foot-1, 227 pounds.
      Here is a bit more from the team-issued press release:
      Dunlap, 21, caught 13 passes for 142 yards over four seasons from 2003-06.
      He also returned 13 kickoffs for 265 yards in his college career and
      participated on several special teams units. Last season with the Yellow
      Jackets, Dunlap caught nine passes for 101 yards.
      Poland, 24, started 31 of 34 games and recorded 180 career tackles (83
      solo), including five career sacks. The 6-foot-1-inch, 225-pound defensive
      back also totaled three career receptions while playing for the varsity team
      for three seasons (2003-05). Poland served as a second lieutenant in the Air
      Force in 2006.

      I like what I read about the Air Force kid. Nice size. Starting 31 games,
      with those numbers, is a pretty good sign. Guess I'll line up in his corner
      as an adopted long shot this year. :-)

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!