Re: Troy Brown wants to play, but with the Patriots? - USATODAY.com

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2007
      I had a really stupid thought. BB has been hesitant when asked about
      him playing with this receiving corp; saying only that Troy is in the
      Patriots' plans. Could he end up being the "utility infielder" so to
      speak? They could save a roster spot having Troy serve as receiver,
      nickle back, part-time punt returner, and (here's the kicker) third
      QB. As you remember, he was the emergency QB at one point last season,
      and took one snap. They've signed a UFA QB (camp fodder), but not a
      vet back-up. If they have confidence in Cassel as the #2 (not a
      certainty), they could go this route and pick up a vet if Tom were to
      get hurt (man, did I say that?).

      Just a crazy idea, I know. But they've surprised us before.

      fdb

      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2007
        As I understand it Kevin Faulk is the superior QB over
        Troy Brown - neither of whom would be anything but
        emergency duty of course. So in short I'm with you --
        it's a crazy idea ;-)

        #2 (not a

        <alaric02@...> wrote:

        > I listened to the article and it really didn't have
        > too much of significance. Troy suggests that he
        > wants
        > to give it another go around and that the team seems
        > open to such but that they have yet to work out the
        > details. The notion is that he's a free agent
        > recovvering from injury and should likely start
        > talking deals soon.
        >
        > Belichick has said plainly that Troy is still in the
        > team's future plans. I sure believe it's going to
        > be
        > tough for him to crack the roster but we'll see how
        > things progress. I don't expect to really hear
        > anything significant until June but then again I
        > still
        > say there's no way we sign Randy Mo...err what do I
        > know.
        >
        > Go Pats!
        > Zip

        To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan
        Group, send an email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Don Diamant
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2007

          Perhaps an even crazier thought but what about as a WR coach?

          Don

          #2 (not a

          <alaric02@.. .> wrote:

          > I listened to the article and it really didn't have
          > too much of significance. Troy suggests that he
          > wants
          > to give it another go around and that the team seems
          > open to such but that they have yet to work out the
          > details. The notion is that he's a free agent
          > recovvering from injury and should likely start
          > talking deals soon.
          >
          > Belichick has said plainly that Troy is still in the
          > team's future plans. I sure believe it's going to
          > be
          > tough for him to crack the roster but we'll see how
          > things progress. I don't expect to really hear
          > anything significant until June but then again I
          > still
          > say there's no way we sign Randy Mo...err what do I
          > know.
          >
          > Go Pats!
          > Zip

          To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan
          Group, send an email to:
          patriotzip-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

          Yahoo! Groups Links