Troy Brown wants to play, but with the Patriots? - USATODAY.com

  • ozzrvd666@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2007
      EMAIL THIS Email

      USA TODAY
      Powered by
       * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.

      You have received the following link from ozzrvd666@...:

       Click the following to access the sent link:

      Troy Brown wants to play, but with the Patriots? - USATODAY.com*

       SAVE THIS linkFORWARD THIS link

      Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email information from any Web site.

       *This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
      http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2007-05-08-troy-brown_N.htm?csp=34&POE=click-refer

      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2007
        I listened to the article and it really didn't have
        too much of significance. Troy suggests that he wants
        to give it another go around and that the team seems
        open to such but that they have yet to work out the
        details. The notion is that he's a free agent
        recovvering from injury and should likely start
        talking deals soon.

        Belichick has said plainly that Troy is still in the
        team's future plans. I sure believe it's going to be
        tough for him to crack the roster but we'll see how
        things progress. I don't expect to really hear
        anything significant until June but then again I still
        say there's no way we sign Randy Mo...err what do I
        know.

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2007
          I had a really stupid thought. BB has been hesitant when asked about
          him playing with this receiving corp; saying only that Troy is in the
          Patriots' plans. Could he end up being the "utility infielder" so to
          speak? They could save a roster spot having Troy serve as receiver,
          nickle back, part-time punt returner, and (here's the kicker) third
          QB. As you remember, he was the emergency QB at one point last season,
          and took one snap. They've signed a UFA QB (camp fodder), but not a
          vet back-up. If they have confidence in Cassel as the #2 (not a
          certainty), they could go this route and pick up a vet if Tom were to
          get hurt (man, did I say that?).

          Just a crazy idea, I know. But they've surprised us before.

          fdb

          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2007
            As I understand it Kevin Faulk is the superior QB over
            Troy Brown - neither of whom would be anything but
            emergency duty of course. So in short I'm with you --
            it's a crazy idea ;-)

            #2 (not a

            <alaric02@...> wrote:

            > I listened to the article and it really didn't have
            > too much of significance. Troy suggests that he
            > wants
            > to give it another go around and that the team seems
            > open to such but that they have yet to work out the
            > details. The notion is that he's a free agent
            > recovvering from injury and should likely start
            > talking deals soon.
            >
            > Belichick has said plainly that Troy is still in the
            > team's future plans. I sure believe it's going to
            > be
            > tough for him to crack the roster but we'll see how
            > things progress. I don't expect to really hear
            > anything significant until June but then again I
            > still
            > say there's no way we sign Randy Mo...err what do I
            > know.
            >
            > Go Pats!
            > Zip

            To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan
            Group, send an email to:

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Don Diamant
            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2007

              Perhaps an even crazier thought but what about as a WR coach?

              Don

              #2 (not a

              <alaric02@.. .> wrote:

              > I listened to the article and it really didn't have
              > too much of significance. Troy suggests that he
              > wants
              > to give it another go around and that the team seems
              > open to such but that they have yet to work out the
              > details. The notion is that he's a free agent
              > recovvering from injury and should likely start
              > talking deals soon.
              >
              > Belichick has said plainly that Troy is still in the
              > team's future plans. I sure believe it's going to
              > be
              > tough for him to crack the roster but we'll see how
              > things progress. I don't expect to really hear
              > anything significant until June but then again I
              > still
              > say there's no way we sign Randy Mo...err what do I
              > know.
              >
              > Go Pats!
              > Zip

              To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan
              Group, send an email to:
              patriotzip-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

              Yahoo! Groups Links