writer at SI ripping the Pats over the Moss deal.

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2007
      I love how writers would doubt us before becaus we didn't have "star"
      players now they are ripping us because we have "star" players.

      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/05/02/patr
      iots/index.html

      I love how everybody talks about "the Patriots Way" of doing things.
      The bottom line is "the Patriots Way" is doing what you can to win.
      The writers can't stand the fact that when they expect the Pats to Zig
      they always Zag, it's all about evolving and changing with the times.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007
        ***** I confess that I had to learn to accept the "Zig when they should Zag" aspect that BB and Pioli brought to the Pats, Levon. I said years ago that these guys took something away from those of us who had played amateur GM for years, because we no longer had any shot at predicting anything. :-)

        ***** I agree with you about the writers. While the amateur GM game was fun for me, writing, and correctly predicting (at least sometimes!) is the way these guys make a living. I don't doubt that they feel genuinely damaged by the unpredictability of the Patriots.

        ***** I, on the other hand, am doing just fine with 3 Super Bowls wins to remember, re-watch, and cherish forever; and the firm belief that there are more to come. I think the last time I was right about an upcoming move by the Patriots was when I said they'd take Richard Seymour as their first pick in the draft. I'm extremely happy to have exchanged my former ability to occasionally play the "I told you so" card for watching a highly competitive team every year!

        George
        Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!