Re: [patriotzip] Re: Alergic to Rookie LBs

    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Junior absolutely wanted a chance to win a ring and if
      he rehabs successfully he is very likely to look at us
      as a top contender. I'd happily welcome Seau back
      into the mix.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2007
        ***** I agree, Randy, that Seau can still contribute on limited number of plays basis. However, I question whether BB will drift that far from his normal requirement for  players to contribute in at least a couple of areas. I certainly wouldn't complain if it happens, as I'm a major Seau fan. I'm just saying that I don't feel that BB will go in that direction.

        <patswingr@. ..> wrote:

        > ***** My bad on
        those specifics, Levon. But my point
        > remains the
        same. They

        have consistently passed on one LB or another in the
        > early rounds, and
        > believe they'd have had more success, or, at the
        > very least,
        be
        deeper at
        > the position now, than is the
        case.

        > George
        > Dogs have masters ... Cats have
        staff!

        href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
        href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com] On

        To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com

        George, just a few holes in your theory:

        > 1) Vilma was in the
        2004 draft and went #12, the
        > Pats had no shot to
        > draft
        him
        > 2) Beason went right after our first pick, so unless
        > you
        assume
        > Meriweather would still be there at #28, we didn't

        really have a shot
        > at him either
        >
        > I agree that I was
        hoping that the Pats would get a
        > LB in the 1st
        > round, seeing
        Paul P from Penn State drop to the
        > second round was a
        > surprise
        to me and I thought he would be a good fit
        > for the
        Pats.

        "George" <patswingr@> wrote:

        > > ***** I understand
        that, Brew. But I still think
        > > it would be worth

        investing
        > > a couple of years of development and education in
        > > a kid who has
        > demonstrated
        > > superior athletic
        ability and instincts at the
        > > college level. We
        > draft
        OL's
        > > to develop, why not LBs? Hell, we've been wasting
        > > a roster spot on
        > Marquise
        > > Hill for 3 years! Wouldn't a
        kid like Beason or
        > > Harris, or Vilma
        > last year,
        > > who could all probably shine on STs also, be a
        > > better
        investment?

        > > ***** I will never stop believing that
        highly
        > > rated LBs are well
        > worth a R1,
        > > or at
        least a Day One pick. I have to respectfully
        > > disagree with
        BB
        > on that
        > > one. Obviously, he's succeeded without doing so,
        > > and whether or not
        > he would
        > > have had more
        success if he did so is moot. But I
        > > will continue to

        believe
        > > that to be the case.

        George
        > > Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!
        > >

        > > _____
        > >
        > > From:
        patriotzip@yahoogro

        <mailto:patriotzip% 40yahoogroups. com>
        ups.com

        [mailto:patriotzip@ yahoogro

        <mailto:patriotzip% 40yahoogroups. com>
        ups.com]

        On
        > > Behalf Of David Brunat
        > > Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007
        10:09 PM

        Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Alergic to Rookie LBs

        > > Everyone needs to get over the LB
        thing. BB asks a
        > > lot out of
        > LBs. Too
        > > much for
        a rookie to fit in right away. He prefers
        > > proven NFL LBs

        with
        > > skills he can assess at the proper level. He can

        take these guys
        > and tweek
        > > them into his system. Been
        working so far.

        George <patswingr@> wrote:

        > > ***** Apparently, BB
        is alergic to highly rated
        > > rookie LBs. I am,
        > once
        > > again, disappointed by the Pats failure to select
        > > a highly
        rated LB
        > in R1. I
        > > am most disappointed by the fact that TWO
        such LBs
        > > that I wanted to
        > see
        > > wearing
        Patriots uniforms will now be lining up
        > > against us twice a

        year as
        > > New York Jets.
        > >
        > > ***** I'm
        referring to Jonathan Vilma, who I
        > > wanted last year, and

        David
        > > Harris, who was there for us with our second pick
        > > in R1 (or some
        > trade up
        > > into the top of R2).
        > >
        > > ***** I'm satisfied with the value we got for our
        > > #28 pick from the
        > 49ers.
        > > But I'd still rather have
        seen us get a promissing
        > > young LB like
        > Harris. Of
        > > course, I have to add the disclaimer that I didn't
        > > see any
        college
        > football
        > > this year; so I wasn't as committed to any
        of the
        > > LBs as I have
        > been in past
        > > years, when
        I had some personal assessment of
        > > their talents. But,

        based upon
        > > what I've read, I'm still sorry we passed on the
        > > position again.
        > Maybe we'll
        > > now go after
        Hartwell, since he's apparently no
        > > longer dealing with

        the
        > > Broncos.
        > >
        > > ***** As for the R3 trade, I
        don't know enough
        > > about the players
        > left at

        that point to doubt the wisdom of the move by BB
        > > and Pioli. We
        are
        > > certainly in great shape for next year's draft

        now, which is
        > supposed to be
        > > a more talented class than
        this one.

        > > ***** Let's see what tomorrow brings. We
        certainly
        > > can't expect any
        > starters
        > > from it.
        But we have the option to take a lot of
        > > shots at some kids

        for
        > > backup/STs/developm ent roles. With 9 picks, and
        > > less time between
        > > selections, it will, at least be more
        exciting
        > > than the 6 hours I
        > spent last
        > > night,
        from 11 Pm to 5 AM here in Thailand!

        > > ***** I'll add
        that I do love the Meriweather
        > > pick. I'm willing to
        > give
        the
        > > kid (and BB) the benefit on the doubt on his

        problems at "The U".
        > Let's
        > > chalk it up the environment, and
        the lack of the
        > > type of guidance
        > that he'll

        get in the Patriots' locker room. He is said to be
        > > exactly the
        type
        > of
        > > player who can fill Rodney's shoes. That's enough
        > > for me. I just
        > hope that,
        > > in this case, you
        can take "the hood" out of the
        > > kid when you take
        > the
        kid
        > > out of the hood!
        > >
        > > George

        Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

        > > _____

        Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car"
        > > smell?

        Check out new

        href="http://us.rd.">http://us.rd.
        href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.htm">http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=48245/ *http://autos. yahoo.com/ new_cars. htm>

        yahoo.com/evt= 48245/*http://autos. yahoo.com/ new_cars. htm

        l;_ylc

        =X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF 9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BH NlYwNtYWlsdGFncw RzbGsDbmV3LWNhcn M-
        > > cars
        > > at Yahoo! Autos.

        To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan
        Group, send an email to:
        patriotzip-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

        Yahoo! Groups Links