UDFA's

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      ***** When I was in the chat room at Patsfans.com yesterday, a few guys kept
      referring to an ILB named Jon Abbate (Wake Forest), as a possible late round
      pick for the Pats. I see that he went into the UDFA pool. Can anybody who's
      done some pre-draft research offer their opinion on this guy? Would he be a
      good UDFA for the Pats to pursue?

      ***** Other ILB's listed, but not drafted on NFL.com's list are:
      George Hall - Purdue
      Zach Latimer - Okla
      Matt Muncy - Ohio
      Tony Taylor - Georgia

      Any opinions or info on them?

      ***** Any other ILB's anybody likes?

      ***** Also a couple of Punters falling into UDFA that I'd like some opinion
      on:
      Kody Bliss - Auburn
      Brendan Carney - Syracuse
      Adam Graessle - Pitt

      ***** And, of course, we still need to look at some more DB's (I think there
      are almost always a couple of DB gems from small schools!)
      CB's
      Anthony Arline - Baylor
      Travarous Bain - Hampton (small school!) He's 6' 182
      Reggie Lewis - Florida (another Florida boy. BB's likely seen him)
      Tim Mixon - Cal
      Geoffrey Pope - Howard (another small school guy)
      Kenny Scott - Ga Tech

      SS's
      Melvin Bullitt - Tex A&M (What a GREAT name for a SS! Hell, I bring him in
      just for that!) :-)
      Craig Dahl - N Dak St (small school alert)
      Jessie Daniels - LSU (Another favorite BB source)
      Ryan Glasper - BC (A local boy. Somebody must have an opinion on him.)
      Antwan Stewart - Tenn

      FS's
      Waju 'Larry' Anam - BC (Must have been a good secondary up on the hill this
      year.)
      Willis Barringer - Michigan
      David Lofton - Stanford (Good name out of Stanford! Related?)
      Brandon Mitchell - Ohio St (Wasn't he highly rated?)
      Marcus Paschal - Iowa
      Brandon Sharp - Louisville

      ***** And finally, the glamour boys. Here are some "listed" RBs that are
      still out there who appear to have the size to our "Mr Inside" candidates:
      Alvin Banks - James Madison (5'11" 226)
      Jackie Battle - Houston (6'2" 235) Gotta luv the name!
      Ronnie McGill - N. Car (5'10" 222)
      Tyrone Moss - Miami, Fla (5'9" 231) and he's from BB's favorite state!
      Germaine Race - Pittsburgh St (5'10" 227)
      Gary Russell - Minn (5'11" 217)
      Darius Walker - ND (5'10" 212) One of Charlie's boys!
      Danny Ware - Georgia (6' 225)

      So, let's go, all you amateur draft guru's. Who should we bring in for a
      look for these positions of need?

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!