Pacman suspended for 1 year...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 4:49 PM
      Goodell's first major decision is a good one. But I cringed reading
      this line in the article.

      < Reached at her Georgia home, Jones' mother, Deborah Jones, said: "I
      just pray that this can be changed. This is not fair for him. It's
      just not fair." >

      I'm really sorry, but how many of us would even still have a job after
      about 10 arrests in two years. Statements like that make it clearer
      why he's ended up in this situation. Parenting is becoming a lost art.

      <end of rant>

      fdb
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 7:56 PM

        That’s not really fair to most parents.  It may not seem like it often but most parents are good parents.  It’s just those few parents whom refuse to consider that their little angel could ever be wrong that fail as parents.  Most of us raise well adjusted children prepared to compliment and not detract from society.  This woman however is one of those few examples that have failed in their responsibility as a parent.  Something I suspect she lacks the competency to understand, unfortunately, for society and for “In the Pokieman Jones”.

        Don Diamant

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11 2:48 AM
          You are correct, of course. It's a small, vocal minority of parents
          that can give the rest a bad name. You just hear it too often on the
          news. A kid gets in trouble in school for instance, and instead of the
          parents supporting the school, and disciplining their child, they
          complain to the principal, or go to the media, or file suit because
          their "good child" has been denied some privilage or other, due to
          their bad behavior. Parents arrested for buying alcohol for their 16
          year old's birthday party, etc.

          Just seems like a disturbing trend. Maybe it's just getting more
          publicity these days.

          Again, sorry for the OT rant...

          fdb