FW: Check out ESPN.com - NFL - Patriots match Broncos' offer, retain Sauerbrun

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2007
      ***** I find this mildly surprising. I wonder if Josh Miller's shoulder is worse than we thought? IMO, he's done a great job for us, and I'd have been happy with him back there. Of course, this could still be a training camp battle between Miller and Sauerbrun for the job.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
        Because we did give Miller a Roster Bonus earlier this
        spring I think we really want the competition in camp
        and to be sure we have the best possible punter. I'm
        surprised Denver didn't find a way to Poison pill the
        deal.

        Still watching for the schedule

        <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503> .
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
          ***** Well, if Sauerbrun has his head on straight, and Miller is completely healthy, it could be the toughest competition in camp. Miller impressed me as the more accurate of the two, with good success putting the ball inside the 20. Sauerbrun, I believe, has the more powerful leg of the two, possibly by as much as 10 yards.

          ***** My vote, at this point, still goes to Miller. His hang time and accuracy give our coverage team the best chance for gaining maximum average distance, IMO. But let the competition begin!

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2007
            Any chance the Pats did this just to force Denver to trade for him?