Re: FW: Check out Washington Times Blogs - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
      Sounds like we could get 2 firsts out of this (I assume this year
      and next). I would think we would take that #6 and trade down, since
      we have a history of not paying top ten money. Probably stil be in
      the top 20. I don't know about Shawn Springs though. He's 32, and I
      believe had some injury issues last year. But, if they want to thow
      him in with their #6 and a late rounder... ;o) Leave it to Dan
      Snyder.

      I'd like to see this deal happen. It sounds like there's a lot of
      distance between Asante's demands and the Patriots' offer.

      > ***** Here's another twist on the Washington trade idea.
      >

      > <http://www.washingtontimes.com/blogs/storyview.php?
      StoryID=20070405-110752-
      > 5413r&TopicsID=skins> Washington Times Blogs - The Washington
      Times,
      > America's Newspaper
      >
      > ***** I wouldn't do it for Springs and a "mid round" pick. I'd
      definitely
      > take Springs and a R2 pick, replacing the pick we gave to Miami
      for Welker.
      > We could then possibly package the R2 (or R3) pick with one of our
      R1 picks,
      > and move up to get a top ILB or Safety. Use the remaining R1 pick
      for the
      > other of those two positions. I'd be a very happy camper with that
      scenario.
      > (And I'd love seeing Samuel give his family a better life in
      Washington.)