RE: [patriotzip] FW: Check out Washington Times Blogs - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

  • Ken Collier
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
      With what the Redskins were offering for Briggs and with the Redskins always
      doing something crazy, I think it is entirely possible that Samuel and one
      of our first rounders for the sixth overall pick isn't entirely out of the
      question.

      Makes sense when you think about it, Briggs has been a good piece of that LB
      corps benefiting from playing with Urlacher and his position in the Tampa 2
      defense. Samuel was the only guy in the Pats secondary this year and made
      his own plays.

      Wishful thinking? ;)

      Ken

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
        Sounds like we could get 2 firsts out of this (I assume this year
        and next). I would think we would take that #6 and trade down, since
        we have a history of not paying top ten money. Probably stil be in
        the top 20. I don't know about Shawn Springs though. He's 32, and I
        believe had some injury issues last year. But, if they want to thow
        him in with their #6 and a late rounder... ;o) Leave it to Dan
        Snyder.

        I'd like to see this deal happen. It sounds like there's a lot of
        distance between Asante's demands and the Patriots' offer.

        > ***** Here's another twist on the Washington trade idea.
        >

        > <http://www.washingtontimes.com/blogs/storyview.php?
        StoryID=20070405-110752-
        > 5413r&TopicsID=skins> Washington Times Blogs - The Washington
        Times,
        > America's Newspaper
        >
        > ***** I wouldn't do it for Springs and a "mid round" pick. I'd
        definitely
        > take Springs and a R2 pick, replacing the pick we gave to Miami
        for Welker.
        > We could then possibly package the R2 (or R3) pick with one of our
        R1 picks,
        > and move up to get a top ILB or Safety. Use the remaining R1 pick
        for the
        > other of those two positions. I'd be a very happy camper with that
        scenario.
        > (And I'd love seeing Samuel give his family a better life in
        Washington.)