FW: Check out Washington Times Blogs - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2007
      ***** Here's another twist on the Washington trade idea.

      *****  I wouldn't do it for Springs and a "mid round" pick. I'd definitely take Springs and a R2 pick, replacing the pick we gave to Miami for Welker. We could then possibly package the R2 (or R3) pick with one of our R1 picks, and move up to get a top ILB or Safety. Use the remaining R1 pick for the other of those two positions. I'd be a very happy camper with that scenario. (And I'd love seeing Samuel give his family a better life in Washington.)

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

    • Ken Collier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
        With what the Redskins were offering for Briggs and with the Redskins always
        doing something crazy, I think it is entirely possible that Samuel and one
        of our first rounders for the sixth overall pick isn't entirely out of the
        question.

        Makes sense when you think about it, Briggs has been a good piece of that LB
        corps benefiting from playing with Urlacher and his position in the Tampa 2
        defense. Samuel was the only guy in the Pats secondary this year and made
        his own plays.

        Wishful thinking? ;)

        Ken

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
          Sounds like we could get 2 firsts out of this (I assume this year
          and next). I would think we would take that #6 and trade down, since
          we have a history of not paying top ten money. Probably stil be in
          the top 20. I don't know about Shawn Springs though. He's 32, and I
          believe had some injury issues last year. But, if they want to thow
          him in with their #6 and a late rounder... ;o) Leave it to Dan
          Snyder.

          I'd like to see this deal happen. It sounds like there's a lot of
          distance between Asante's demands and the Patriots' offer.

          > ***** Here's another twist on the Washington trade idea.
          >

          > <http://www.washingtontimes.com/blogs/storyview.php?
          StoryID=20070405-110752-
          > 5413r&TopicsID=skins> Washington Times Blogs - The Washington
          Times,