Re: Is that Deion Samuel or Asante Branch?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
      This trend will continue, as long as a LeBron James house is more
      important than a SB ring.

      http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/special_packages/lebron_james/169
      80459.htm

      We're fortunate to have guys like Brady and Bruschi. That kind of
      player is still out there, and we'll continue to find them.

      > ***** I'm afraid that, with each passing season, and each
      additional player
      > departure for money, my love of the game of professional football
      is
      > increasingly eroded. Twenty years ago, I was equally as devoted to
      Major
      > League Baseball as I have been to pro football. I refused to
      believe that
      > the MLB players would strike the first time. When they did, I was
      deeply
      > disappointed, as well as angered. But I continued my dedication to
      the game.
      > When they struck a second time, my enthusiasm for the game took a
      major hit.
      > Rather than treating televised games as a "must see", I began to
      watch only
      > when it was convenient for me, and no decent option was available.
      I stopped
      > reading the boxscores, and game articles every day, and became
      what I guess
      > you could call a "casual fan". When they struck for a third time,
      I stopped

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
        ***** This team will continue to survive, and be serious SB contenders every season, despite losing some greedy young multi-millionaire every season. Yes, there will be seasons like last year when that one player seems to make the difference between reaching the AFC Championship Game, and reaching or winning the SB. So be it. There will also be seasons when the loss of that one player doesn't stop BB and his system, with a core of excellent players, surrounded by a lot of good ones, from getting another Lombardi Trophy. I'm happy with that. Screw the greedy players. Let's keep winning with the more reasonable, team player types, like Brady, Bruschi, Harrison, etc. I just hope that such players as those three don't become extinct in this ME FIRST society that's becoming the American way.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
          ***** I like your confidence, Frank. I hope you're right.

          ***** Damn, I miss the 60's! :-) ... And damn Curt Flood!!

          George
          Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

          This trend will continue, as long as a LeBron James house is more
          important than a SB ring.

          http://www.ohio. com/mld/ohio/ sports/special_ packages/ lebron_james/ 169
          80459.htm

          We're fortunate to have guys like Brady and Bruschi. That kind of
          player is still out there, and we'll continue to find them.

          fdb

          href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
          > encouraging. He still said many times how he hopes
          > remain in New England but he made it clear he now
          > intends
          to play hard-ball as he feels the team is
          > doing their business in a
          fashion that does not
          > realistically reflect his value. Of course he
          flat
          > out pointed to the San Fran contract which sets the

          benchmark a bit more than unreasonable in my mind.

          > He did use
          the word hold-out and trade very precisely
          > and multiple times.
          >
          > I think it's interesting when talking about their
          > great value
          how many players then complain that the
          > price of two first round picks
          is too high for other
          > teams to sign them. If you are so talented why is
          > that price too steep?
          >
          > I will be interested to hear
          when dollars 'leak' out
          > from either the team or Assante's side of
          things....

          > Go Pats!
          > Zip
          >
          > ----- Original
          Message -----
          > From: "Rich Carreiro" <rlcarr@animato.

          > Looks like Samuel is finally showing his true colors.

          According to Reiss's blog, Samuel is "not happy
          > anymore and

          things are not going well." Further he's demanding to
          > be
          > traded
          "if a long-term deal can't be done at fair
          > numbers
          > for me and
          New England."

          > --