FW: [SPAM] [patriotzip] Re: ESPN has Pats picking LB from Penn State

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2007
      ***** Brent, I understand your thinking. I, too, see the S position as our
      #1 priority. From what I've read (not having seen any of them play), there
      are enough highly respected Safeties in this draft to virtually assure us of
      access to one of them. The same cannot be said for the ILB position.

      ***** However, as has been discussed earlier, I think there is a high value
      for us in taking a R1 value OLT, if there's one there, rather than trading
      down for a less respected ILB. We might even be able to trade UP for one of
      those second tier ILB's, using our R3 pick, and one or more of our multiple
      (and not very useful) lower picks. We can't find room on the roster for all
      of our picks now; so why not trade up for a higher quality player or two.
      Hell, I wouldn't mind if we came out of the Draft with no more than 4 or 5
      players taken with our regular (non-Comp) picks. If we got 4 Day One picks,
      and one more in R4, they'd all probably have a good shot at making the team.
      If one or two of the Comp picks surprised us, we'd really be all set.

      George
      Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

      _____