Re: Graham to Broncos as per SI

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2007
      I was just checking out the denver post website to see the fan
      reaction in Denver. The general consensus seems to be "good signing,
      even if ridiculosly overpaid". Some people seem to be saying, based
      on his days at CU Graham is a very good pass catcher, one quote in
      particular "a tight end who can catch anything and creates mismatches
      with 90% of the LB's in the league". I find that funny since, from a
      strictly pass catching point of view, I can rememeber a heck of a lot
      more DROPS than I can big catches. Granted, he was a load when he
      had the ball and I think he did improve, but his hands still have to
      be considered "suspect" at best.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2007
        ***** I'm with you on that point, Levon. I think the Pats knew long ago that this would happen. It was clear when they signed K-Brad that Graham was gone.

        ***** I had very high hopes for him when we drafted him. I had seen a few of his games at Colorado, and he had a great rep for "hands" there. Somehow, he never became consistent enough in that regard with the Pats. K-Brad will likely be very close, if not equal to Graham in blocking. He'll be more dependable as a receiver, but won't have the potential to break longer runs that Graham has. Not a bad trade off, considering the bucks involved that we can use elsewhere. Our combination of Watson, Thomas, and K-Brad is as good a set of TE's as there is; and more so, if Watson shakes off his drops problems.

        George
        Dogs have masters ... Cats have staff!

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2007
          ***** As I said earlier, Levon, that was TRUE at Colorado. I saw him play several times, and I don't think I ever saw him drop a ball, including a couple of very tough grabs. I was shocked when he started dropping balls on our team. I really thought he was going to be the next Ben Coates - with more speed.

          wrote:

          > Dave
          Thomas (not owner of Wendy's) is our other
          > primary tight end.
          >
          > WIll miss Graham but not for that money.
          >
          > Go
          Pats!
          <levon.knowles@ ...>
          href="mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com">patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com>