8030Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)

    Oct 31, 2005
      "Jacob W. Michaels" <wicked@...> wrote:

       What I will
      criticize them for is the pre-game. They weren't talking over the Patriots
      introductions at the start and you could tell they were waiting so fans
      could hear the reaction to Bruschi. Except after two linebackers, they cut
      to Maguire and Kolber, who talked right over it. I was pissed, as I wanted
      to hear the fans when Tedy's name was announced.

      ***** (Rant mode ON) TV coverage on all networks is pissing me off more each season! We've had a lot of discussion about this in the past, so I won't rehash all the details. But the combination of their network promos, pre-recorded interview pieces, obsession with pre-set seasonal or career graphics, and excessive use of replay for "routine" plays, leaves the game as a patchwork quilt of plays. They totally interupt the flow of the game, and, as we saw often last night, often run their sidebar crap right over critical plays!

      ***** They are so damn self-serving that it's pathetic. Is there anybody who doesn't share my belief that at least 75% of the fans watching these games would want to cut back on that crap by at least half to focus on the damn game being played on the field?!

      George
      "Win One For The Bruschi!"
       R.I.P. Ostend
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic