      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:37 AM
      Subject: [patriotzip] So much for our theory...

      From Mike Reiss in the Globe this morning:

      Bethel is back
      Receiver Bethel Johnson has returned to practice and is no longer on
      the physically unable to perform list, the Patriots confirmed on
      Wednesday night. The move adds further intrigue to the logjam at the
      position.

      Deion Branch, David Givens, Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Andre Davis, David
      Terrell, P.K. Sam and Johnson comprise the top eight players on the
      depth chart. Last year, the team kept six receivers on its 53-man
      roster entering the regular season...

      No hiding him away on the PUP, I guess. He won't be able to show much
      in one game, coming back from injury, so it looks like he's in. Seems
      to me, if they weren't sure about him, they would have left him on the
      PUP.

      The list above, plus Childress makes nine. If one assumes Bethel is in,
      this looks like a make or break game for Terrell, Sam, Davis, and
      Childress.  Three of those four will have to go. I don't even want to
      guess any more, until I see them play tonight.