21232Re: [patriotzip] Johnny Football?

    Apr 2, 2014
      I saw that report, Frank. We never know when BB is serious, or just throwing up a smoke screen. As you say, the only way he could get to either of those two would be a major trade up.

      Would it shock me? Not really. Here's why ... This team doesn't have truly horrible holes in it. Many of us have expressed an opinion that there's a need to improve at C. and add another TE, and depth (future starter) at DT/NT. But can the team be playoff bound without adding top players at these positions? I'd say that it can.

      Then there's the Brady situation. He IS nearing the end of his wonderful career. One year? Two? Three? It could be any of those; and it's doubtful that he can perform at a high level beyond that. So why not ask the question (with a workout and interview) "Is one of the QB's in the current crop good enough to become the Patriots' next franchise QB?"

      As I said, could be just another BB smokescreen, or even a desire to try to ID weaknesses for when we face these guys later. But the timing suggests to me that an attempt to get one of them is not out of the question.

      --- George
      All we can hope and strive for is a system of laws and education that minimizes the natural cruelty within man; and allows for survival of the fittest in social, as well as physical and economic terms.

      On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM, <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      Manzel and Bortles are both visiting the Pats, so it is written. Is BB starting to consider life without Brady? I'm sure he wants someone here for at least a couple years with Tom, before he takes over, though neither of these two will be available at 29.