20534Re: [patriotzip] Vereen to miss several weeks

  • David Brunat
    Sep 10, 2013
      NFL TV is reporting Vereen is out at least a month.  Brady went to Amendola, Edelman and Vereen on the final drive as they were the only ones moving the ball.  Now it appears one is out for sure and it would not surprise me if Amendola retweaked his groin pull.  By the way, it can take months for a groin pull to fully heal.  You constantly retweak it as you soon learn all muscles in the body are connected to the groin.  The rookie TE and WR just sucked.  Thompkins in particular was not reading and reacting to the defense the way Brady thought he should. Sudfeld was MIA. I am very concerned about our offense going into the jets game.  Perfect BB game, got the win and lots to bitch about.  We need a great game plan this Thursday, time for some BB magic.

      The BrewGnat

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 10, 2013, at 5:03 AM, George Richman <patswingr@...> wrote:

      DAMN! Well, I guess that forces BB to give Ridley his job back ... for now. If he fumbles again, I wouldn't be surprised to see BB go with LGB and Bolden, and seek to trade Ridley. BB has no patience for fumbles; and I don't have much more than he does.

      I'll add to that that I'm a Ridley fan. I like the kid's attitude and intelligence. I hope he can put this behind him, and continue to be the productive RB I know he can be ... IF he can keep the ball in his possession!
      Even if Ridley returns, and plays well, we're going to miss Vereen's change of pace, and 3rd down productivity. Washington, even if healthy, hasn't got enough left in the tank to replace Vereen in that role. ... I wonder if Edelman, former QB, would be comfortable and effective out of the backfield? Just a thought.

      --- George
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

      On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Rich Carreiro <rich@...> wrote:

      Jay Glazer:

      "RB Shane Vereen broke a small bone in his wrist
      on 1st play yesterday, scheduled for surgery today. Out few weeks" ...

      --
      Rich Carreiro rich@...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic