      From: George Richman <patswingr@...>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:53 AM
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Talib is returning...

      Definitely good, Frank; but not great. I'm disappointed that it's only a 1-year deal, but that's obviously a smart "business decision" by his agent, since the CB market this year is not drawing big bucks. The thinking on their end is that Talib, with a good full season as a Patriot, will be able to demand much more money next year. That's bad news, since it means that the Patriots could be over the barrel again next year for this position.

      The signing of Adrian Wilson is similarly a good news - bad news deal. His talent is beyond question. He definitely upgrades a position of need for our team. But, once again, it's likely short term. He's 33. How many more years has he got left? Of course, I should add that Tavon Wilson looked pretty good, for a rookie, and he should be able to improve with Adrian as a tutor.

      Still, in both cases, if we look at it one year at a time, as I'm sure BB does, both of these moves make our secondary look much stronger going into the 2013 season. That was my choice as the highest priority for the team during this off-season - strengthening their weak secondary. I'm concerned, of course, about the Dennard situation. This kid looked really good in his brief time on the field last season. If we have him available to play CB opposite Talib, with Wilson at SS, McCourty at FS, and, when needed, Arrington as the slot CB, I think we'll have a very solid secondary this year. But I'd still like to see another CB added before camp begins.

      On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM, frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:
      One year deal...

      Good news, methinks!

      -- George