20119Re: [patriotzip] Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Ravens)

    Jan 22, 2013
      Thanks, Mark. I had forgotten that. I do recall all of that stuff, thanks to your reminder. There's no doubt that he performed like a 1st Round pick on the field for the Patriots this year. I just hope, as I said, that we don't see another "1 year wonder" with him next year.

      On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

      George,

      Early Mock drafts last year had Dennard going to the Patriots in the 1st Round.  He was a 1st round talent that got kicked out of a bowl game when he went up against a top WR talent.  He then got in a fight with a police officer (assault and resisting arrest) three days before the draft.  He dropped to the 7th ropund because noone would touch him!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      From: George Richman <patswingr@...>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Ravens)

      I just want to add one comment on Dennard. Earlier, I spoke of the Patriots' history of having CBs who had a very good 1st season with the team, regress from that point on. It will be very interesting to see if that happens with Dennard, who, IMO, had an excellent season in his 10 games (7 starts), after coming in as a 7th Round pick. He was better, in fact, than any of the CBs that the team has selected much earlier in the Draft in recent years. Kinda makes you think about old "blind squirrel" adage, doesn't it?

      Let's keep an eye on his "progress" next year. Will he improve, or will the Patriots coaching staff "coach him down"?
      On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM, frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      Good analysis, as always.
      Dennard is impressive. Hopefully he keeps getting better.
      Hope we can get Welker back for a couple more years.
      When Talib went out, and I saw Arrington on Boldin, I knew it would be a long night.
      No Gronk certainly made it a lot easier for the Ravens secondary.
      I'm just glad we won't have to witness Ray's stupid dance next year.

      fdb

      --- In mailto:patriotzip%40yahoogroups.com, "Levine, David" wrote:

      > The Good
      > - We played to the end. Hell of a season but we just came up a little short.
      > - The D really did play well. The young pups will get better next year.
      > - Dennard looks like a steal and should hold the CB position for a while.
      > - McCourty has found his home at safety.
      > - Brother vs. Brother in the SB should be an interesting story line.
      > - Welker took a pounding but kept getting back up. Can we please sign him to a 3 year deal and put this issue to bed.
      > - Love the direct snap with Brady still calling signals. Smart football.
      > - Does anyone really think Mallet would have snapped the ball? I guess Baltimore did cause they called timeout.
      > - San Fran is for real folks. That O is dynamic with the rookie (not going to try and spell the name)
      >
      > The Bad
      > - Once Talib went out, you knew our D was in trouble. It changed the way we had to play and reduced our coverage. He could man up on Boldin allowing McCourty and Gregory to roam and help Dennard. With him out, we had to use both safeties to help on WRs and left the TE open.
      > - Ridley took a shot to the head that looked dangerous. Nice to see him walk off the field under his own power.
      > - The tipped ball that was intercepted really did us in. We were driving for a closing score with plenty of time left. Bad break.
      > - The drop by Welker on 3rd down killed a drive and cost us points. It's too early in the 3rd Q to really say that was the difference but it didn't help.
      > - The overthrow of Hernandez on the little flat route. He had 20 yards of open space in front of him but Brady just missed.
      > - Lloyd tripping on a 3rd down pass that would have hit him in stride but instead he had to dive for and couldn't come up with.
      > - Brady just missing Welker on a deep crossing pattern early. Could have set the tone of the game.
      > - No Gronk really cost us. He would have made a difference.
      >
      > The Ugly
      > - I don't know how Ridley's fumble could be called a fumble. His back knee, butt and leg were on the ground before the ball came out. That was a horrible call by the refs. Turned the game.
      > - Pollard is a dirty player. 3 head shots in the game, only 1 called a penalty. How is this guy not fined on a weekly basis.
      > - I hate the murderer Ray Lewis. Everything is all about him. What is with the crying on the field? Really, you need the spotlight this much? I hope he gets run over by Gore for the winning TD in the Super Bowl. The love fest with him is greater than that with Manning.
      >

      > David Levine
      > Process Engineer
      > Rapid Assay Solutions
      > IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.