19699Derek Hagan and Other Former Bills

  • Scott
    Sep 1, 2012
      The Bills released WR Derek Hagan. He's bounced around the league since 2006 and has 109 career catches for over 1,200 yards. He had 7 catches for 89 yards against the Patriots in the second Bills/Pats game last year. He's 6'2, 210 lbs, and ran a 4.4 in the 40 . He hasn't done anything special in his career, but he's a tall, fast guy on the outside with NFL experience. He's 27 so he falls into that young veteran catagory.

      The Bills also released WR Marcus Easley. He's never had a catch after a couple of NFL seasons. The Bills shelved him in early 2011 due to a heart ailment. He had a mediocre
      preseason. Easley is 6'2, 217 lbs, and runs a 4.3 in the 40. So he also provides a tall, fast outside option. Maybe he's had some bad breaks and might be worth a shot.

      They also cut Roosevelt Naaman who was productive in college where he was known for his excellent route running and good hands. His precision might make him a good fit with the Pats offense. So-so speed for a wideout at 4.6. He's 200 lbs and 6'0.

      I know. I know. Just some random thoughts about some guys available on the scrap heap.

      Scott Sheaffer