19547Re: [patriotzip] Pats snatch Ballard

  • Steve Basile
    Jun 13, 2012
      Reiss:  "Going forward, the most likely option for the Patriots appears to be to keep Ballard on their active roster, placing him on the Active/PUP list at the start of training camp. At the final roster cut-down to 53 players, Ballard would then be placed on Reserve/PUP, keeping him out for at least the first six weeks of the season, and allowing him to return to the active roster as late as Week 13. "

      Baze

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 13, 2012, at 12:03 PM, "Machado.Nicholas" <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      What about the PUP list Mark? Could the Pats get some relief/room there or do they still wind up sacrificing a spot?

      Harry

      At 05:51 AM 6/13/2012 -0700, you wrote:

      I think this a stupid move.  Ballard cannot help them this year and may never be able to come back from ACL and microfracture knee surgery.  They have to keep him on the 53 man roster through the final cutdown, then they can send him to IR.  As I see it getting down to 53 is going to be tough enough without giving up a spot to a player that can not play for you

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup