19544Re: [patriotzip] Pats snatch Ballard

    Jun 13 7:03 AM
      OOPS! I had lost sight of the 53 roster rule, Mark. In that case, I agree with you. I can't see keeping him on the 53, and likely losing a player who can contribute to waivers. I always tend to give BB the benefit of the doubt; but I sure wish I knew what he was thinking on this one.

      - George

      On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

      I think this a stupid move.  Ballard cannot help them this year and may never be able to come back from ACL and microfracture knee surgery.  They have to keep him on the 53 man roster through the final cutdown, then they can send him to IR.  As I see it getting down to 53 is going to be tough enough without giving up a spot to a player that can not play for you

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      From: George Richman <patswingr@...>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:38 PM
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Pats snatch Ballard

      Ballard is a more than adequate TE, when healthy. Good move, IMO; assuming that they do, as you project, stash him on IR for now. Nice reserve to have for an offense that appears headed for significant use of the TE position all season.

      - George

      On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      Giants cut him Monday and the Pats grabbed him today. Another TE, 6' 6",
      275, 38 receptions for 604 yards and four TD's in 13 games last year.
      Coming back from a torn ACL will likely begin the season on IR.

      http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4723719/agent-patriots-claim-te-ballard

      Harry

      --
      George - In NOV, the choice is clear and simple: 0bama or America!

      I stand by my personal belief that the foundation of the American way of life is made of two primary elements: individual freedom and individual responsibility. Barack Obama is trying to eliminate both. I hope you will join me in  strongly supporting Mitt Romney for President of the United States!

      --
      George - In NOV, the choice is clear and simple: 0bama or America!

      I stand by my personal belief that the foundation of the American way of life is made of two primary elements: individual freedom and individual responsibility. Barack Obama is trying to eliminate both. I hope you will join me in  strongly supporting Mitt Romney for President of the United States!

      George Richman
      Nongprue, Thailand
      (Expat and Vietnam veteran)
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic