18336Re: Draft ends pre-draft speculation

  • Scott Sheaffer
    May 7, 2011
      Dan Marino, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning were all considered slow too just like Mallet. Like them, he could be an excellent pocket passer. Mallet has tremendous arm strength and accuracy. People who know him say he's hyper competitive and obsessed with studying the game and watching film. He should have gone in the first round. I think the Mallet and Cannon picks are steals. We got first round players in the third and fifth rounds.

      I'm not sold on Solder either, BUT the Devin McCourtney pick last year didn't impress me either and look how that turned out. McCourtney ended up with seven interceptions and a Pro Bowl selection. The draft is hit or miss and Bill Belichick and Co. know a lot more about it than I do.

      Scott Sheaffer
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic