      From: Mike Benson <mbenson321@...>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, January 3, 2010 10:18:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Re: Welker Injured

      It's not about not Welker being hurt without being hit. How it happened doesn't matter. It wouldn't have happened if he wasn't playing. Brady shouldn't have been playing either. Shitty coaching.

      From: "Scott" <kmacalp@aol. com>
      Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:58:25
      To: <patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com>
      Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Welker Injured

      Like I said, Barry, it's a double edged sword. Resting players hasn't been very good for the Colts in the past. Indy has a lot of one and done play off appearances when they've done what they've done the past two weeks. On the other hand, when they played hard all the way through in the 2006 season, they won the Super Bowl.

      Plus, Welker got hurt on the first drive, right? Even the Colts had their starters in early in their game. Welker would have gotten hurt even if New England followed Indy's approach.

      You can rest too many players for too long and get rusty, or you can risk losing a key player. Neither option is very good, but you're guaranteed to build up rust if you give guys two weeks off and then get a bye like the Colts are getting. At least there's an element of chance when it comes to injuries.

      That said, I'm puzzled by New England's approach today. Brady comes in, Brady goes out. Brady comes in, the coaches play musical chairs with the line men protecting him. Chance to win, Brady goes out. There may be sound logic behind it, but I'm only a fan, and I don't have all the info, so it looks like yet more bizarre decision making in a season filled with strange decisions.

      Scott Sheaffer