16881RE: [patriotzip] Welker Injured

  • David Price
    Jan 3, 2010
      All right Mike, look, I get it.  You're not happy. I am certainly not happy if Welker misses the playoffs myself.  But somebody had to play, right?  It was likely the starters were going out there for the first series anyway.  And BB has shown that he gives credence to individual achievements as well.  You have to throw the players a bone once in a while.  Didn't the whole team play in 07 to go for the undefeated season?  Weren't Brady and Moss still going for the Touchdown records?  You can bring up the Superbowl loss all you want, but that game was not lost because the starters played in the last regular season game.

      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      From: mbenson321@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:21:49 -0800
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Welker Injured

      "Welker needed 3 catches I think to have the second best season in terms of receptions"

      Who cares? It's not about Welker, it's about the team. Remember how the Pats took the field in their first Super Bowl win? As a team. No stars. Welker should have been benched for the sake of the team in the playoffs. Brady should have sat it out too. BB screwed up big time. No good reason for this.

      From: mbenson321@yahoo. com
      Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:42:13 -0800

      I have to agree. In fact, I don't even think Brady should have played today. We should have been protecting our key players for the playoffs. Because it's not just about RESTING your players after you clinch, it's about PROTECTING them from injury. Edelman should have started. In fact, he PROVED he should have started. The Welker injury NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. BB made a HUGE mistake. And for what? For a loss. This is sickening.