      From: David Price <castsashadow@...>
      To: patriotzip <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, January 3, 2010 7:03:01 PM
      Subject: RE: [patriotzip] Welker Injured

      Welker needed 3 catches I think to have the second best season in terms of receptions.  There was no way he wasn't playing at least the first series and going for that record.  Deal with it people.  He wanted it I am sure and Belichick was going to give him the chance to go for it.  It was the first series for crying out loud!  Even in the last preseason game the starters play the first series.  It is an unfortunate injury and let's hope not too serious.  Think positive!  Edelman looked great, best I've seen him play so far.

      Dave

      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
      From: mbenson321@yahoo. com
      Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:42:13 -0800

      I have to agree. In fact, I don't even think Brady should have played today. We should have been protecting our key players for the playoffs. Because it's not just about RESTING your players after you clinch, it's about PROTECTING them from injury. Edelman should have started. In fact, he PROVED he should have started. The Welker injury NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. BB made a HUGE mistake. And for what? For a loss. This is sickening.