16874Re: Welker Injured

  • frankdanabrewster
    Jan 3, 2010
      Can't compare this to the Colts situation. Manning, Wayne, Clark, etc., played into the 3rd quarter against the Jets. This happened to Welker early in the first. Who knows how far he BB was going to let him play. You certainly don't want your starters to not play at all for two weeks, then expect them to turn it on in the playoffs.

      I was surprised that Brady played as long as he did, however.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Barry Rosen <barry.rosen143@...> wrote:

      > We *did* do the opposite. You rest and protect your players after you
      > clinch. That's what the Colts did. That's what the Saints are doing today.
      > That's the reason Welker is hurt -- and for no good reason. We blew it.
      >
      > On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Scott <kmacalp@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Well, that's the other edge of the blade. I hope this one doesn't hurt for
      > > two seasons, sinking our playoff hopes this year and having Welker out all
      > > of next season too. Rest or risk? We've seen the Colts hurt themselves with
      > > too much rest, we may have just done the opposite. One of those damned if
      > > you do, damned if you don't situations.
      > >
      > > Scott Sheaffer

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic