15394RE: [patriotzip] What's Not To Like?

    Aug 14, 2009
      The running attack looked better in the 2nd half, with Morris and Bee Gee running the ball. But, to be fair to Maroney, that's not apples to apples; since they were running against the Eagles second unit. Still, as I said earlier, I saw nothing new and exciting from the way Maroney approached the LOS. It wouldn't bother me a bit if they traded him for that R5 pick we need, and went with Taylor, Morris, Faulk, and Bee Gee. And I mean that.

      From: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com [mailto:patriotzip@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RandyZ. Pierce
      Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 7:08 PM
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] What's Not To Like?

      It was indeed a good initial test for the team  It did reveal a few things good and bad.  The rushing offense and rushing defense were both weaker than I'd prefer by a long shot (with the main units) and special teams still looks fairly unsettled to me.
      I thought Brady did develop more comfort as his time continued though his  interception was very underthrown and his sideline antics after suggest more frustration than I'd prefer from him.  He and Galloway clearly need a bit more work in getting synchronized.
      Mayo clearly looks ready to play and there was a lot of heart from the youngsters - for a first exhibition.. .a good start indeed.