      From: RandyZ. Pierce <alaric02@...>
      To: Bosco Patriot Listt <patriots@...>
      Cc: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:45:43 AM
      Subject: [patriotzip] Re: willie

      Willie has expressed high interest in coming back to New England for a final season.  He is in contact with various folks from the team fairly regularly but has allegedly had no official contract discussions with the team.
      While Willie did have 8 sacks with his prior three years (all with Cleveland), he is a slower player than he was before leaving and if the team thought Vrabel was just a step too slow to be the primary pass rusher for us, I doubt they will have confidence Willie has that speed necessary at Outside Linebacker.
      The team is clearly still looking for an ideal solution but not successfully thus far which means likely they will continue to explore options while watching to see how youngsters develop (Crabel, Redd or possibly even Tully Banta-Cain).
      Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 1:45 AM
      Subject: willie

      I read somewhere that #55 wants to return to new England to finish out his
      career. any news of this up north?  I don't see where this would hurt us.