13236Re:Pats Undrafted Free Agents

  • kmacalp@aol.com
    May 1, 2008
      <Mark> LB Vince Redd, Liberty (Boston Globe)
      6’ 6” 265 4.56 (Pro Day) OLB Transferred from Virginia. Failed a drug test which cost him an entire year. Needs weight room work lifting only 13 reps @ 225. Weigh 280 at Virginia but couldn’t crack the lineup at DE. 6.5 sacks as a linebacker for Liberty this past season.
      <Scott> This guy's pro day 40 would have made him the 4th fastest linebacker at the combine behind Jerod Mayo who ranked 3rd with a 4.54. (Hmmm . . . we now have the 1st and 3rd fastest linebackers from the combine along with Shawn Crable who would have been 6th if he had been listed among linebackers instead of defensive lineman (where he finished ahead of Gholston). I'm seeing a theme here. If all these guys can play NFL caliber football . . .

      The problem is that Redd managed even few reps than Guyton in the bench press.

      Scott